Welcome to Women’s League!
Women’s League of Temple Emanu-El consists of a diverse group of Jewish women of varying ages who gather to observe and promote Jewish values and traditions, enjoying warmth and friendship in the process. We hope you will join us, for we value the energy and dynamism our new members bring.
- To promote the program of Women’s League to perpetuate Conservative/Masorti Judaism.
- To sponsor and promote a general program of education and cultural activities in the congregation.
- To promote in every way possible the welfare of the congregation and its Religious School.
- To stress ethical and religious practices in everyday living.
- To further Jewish education in the family.
- To foster Jewish sentiment in the home and stimulate the observance of home ceremonies and the Dietary Laws.
- To encourage the observance of Shabbat, festivals and attendance at Synagogue Services.
- To foster a sense of communal responsibility on the part of our members.
- To sponsor and encourage youth activities and affiliations.
- To contribute and support the encouragement of Jewish and Hebrew education.
- To work for Torah Fund and other projects benefiting the Jewish Theological Seminary.
- To participate in activities that strengthen our relationship with Israel.
- To engage in such civic and philanthropic activities supported by International Women’s League.
Women’s League Board 2019-2020
President – Marjorie Konigsberg
VP Membership – Ellen Levy
VP Ways & Means – Hana Siegelstein
VP Programming – Sandra Rosen
Financial Secretary – Sandi Gladding
Treasurer – Shelley Greif
Recording Secretary – Yvette Yoslov
Corresponding Secretary – Ruth Stein
Parliamentarian – Sheila Josephberg
Immediate Past President -Rhea Zukerman
Past President – Hadar Mehl
Board of Directors